You probably don’t think too much about the components of a refrigerator before it stops running, or unless it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most use possible from this kitchen appliance it can be very nice to know exactly how it keeps food and drinks cool—and Excel Kent Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out everything you might need to understand about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it is the right time to hire refrigerator repair Kent.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many homes that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-own household appliance for a lot of years. A residential refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to reduce rotting and stop the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from inside of the appliance to the exterior, by using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Excel Kent Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a motor and pump, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is located on the back outside panel of the refrigerator and helps to emit the warmth absorbed from within the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
The evaporator is located in the interior of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth trapped inside of it, thereby lowering the temperature inside the appliance.
The moment an evaporator stops working, it is time to hire a professional. You should not wait until it is too late.
Liquid coolant is carried within a capillary tube that works as an expansion tool to cool the gas, transforming the gas into liquid.
A thermostat helps regulate the current temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle as it is appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Kent for repair right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature within the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to start, and the cooling cycle begins. The appliance collects the cold liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the warm gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the exterior of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and returns to a liquid state.
3. The cooled liquid continues on its trip towards the evaporator component, traveling through the many coils in the inside of the appliance and freezer.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the hot air from inside the refrigerator, thereby reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The liquid will evaporate, and turns back to a gas form, and then returns to the compressor unit to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in a lot of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from a single place and then distributing it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, provides a safe environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need repair? You can schedule service with Excel Kent Appliance Repair.
Excel Kent Appliance Repair will fix nearly all major models of refrigerators – including commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced repairman in Kent complete training to repair cooling problems, ice makers, issues with condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch panels, smart synchronization and various problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working